Agenda Day 2
7:15 am - 8:00 am Networking Breakfast
8:00 am - 8:05 am Chairperson's Opening Remarks
8:05 am - 8:45 am Transforming Talent Acquisition to Meet Business StrategyWill Kraus - Head of Talent Acquisition and Diversity & Inclusion IPG Mediabrands
Increasingly, talent acquisition teams need to develop a strategy that matches the overall business strategy. That strategy may force HR teams to shake up their status quo and take a different approach to hiring. For instance, a data analysis may forecast where talent is needed in the next 12 to 18 months. In other cases, line of business leaders may reveal a real lack of future leadership. In such cases, HR needs to shift its delivery to pursue internal hiring and develop a process for vetting existing candidates, without causing alarm among the existing workforce. In this case study, learn:
- How to ascertain your organization’s hiring readiness and develop a better plan of action
- Calculating gains and losses through analyzing previous hires and retention rates
- Cross-train with marketing teams to develop new outreach techniques for employer branding
Will KrausHead of Talent Acquisition and Diversity & Inclusion
Masterclass8:50 am - 9:35 am The Power of Ratings: Self-Awareness and External Visibility Drives Recruiting Success
Does your organization rate itself and then tell everyone the results? If not, you are falling behind in today's high-tech, data-based, social media driven world. Attend this presentation by Scout Exchange to learn the dramatic insights and improved recruiting results obtained through Uber- and Amazon-like performance ratings. This session will discuss:
- How to establish the right performance metrics and use technology to ensure accurate measurement
- Why exposing key metric ratings both internally and externally, creates self-awareness to improve and trust from 3rd party recruiters and job applicants
- How to avoid the common pitfalls that block most companies from successfully implementing ratings
- Why these ratings create dramatically improve results
- Data and results, across hundreds of companies, thousands of recruiters and tens of thousands of jobs, showing recruiting result improvements of 30-300% in less than 12 months!
In addition, learn how you can embed these practices into your recruiting process to ensure your company similar great results and drives continuous improvement year after year.
Brainweave8:50 am - 9:35 am Consumer-Facing Recruitment: The Winning Formula for Engaging Top Talent
Presented by ICIMS
Modern job seekers are more powerful than ever before. Today, brand loyalty and consumer-facing recruitment have sparked a shift in power from employer to job seeker, causing a revolution in the way companies attract, recruit, and hire new talent.
Be it with an outstanding corporate culture and benefits package, a user-friendly career portal, or mobile application experience, more companies are putting a positive candidate experience first, because without one, there’s too much at stake.
Recruiting practices are an extension of your corporate brand – and candidates are ultimately your customers. Join Sean Munafo, Regional VP, Sales- Enterprise at iCIMS, to learn:
- How consumer trends impact candidate engagement
- Where employers are losing the war for top talent
- The tools you need for better hiring insights to impact your business bottom line
Sean Munafo | Regional VP, Sales- Enterprise | iCIMS
9:40 am - 10:10 am Business Meetings
10:15 am - 10:45 am Business Meetings
10:45 am - 11:15 am Business Meetings
11:15 am - 11:30 am Networking Break
11:30 am - 12:00 pm Leveraging AI to Remove Bias and Source the Most In-Demand Passive Candidates
Presented by Censia
The best talent isn't actively looking for jobs. The best talent is also diverse, meaning many highly qualified candidates are regularly overlooked for opportunities due to unconscious bias. AI is solving both of these problems by unlocking the value of incredibly rich candidate datasets that include candidates who are already employed, but exclude the candidate attributes that contribute to bias in hiring. AI removes human bias and error from the sourcing equation by automatically delivering slates of highly qualified, in-demand candidates.
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Networking Lunch
1:05 pm - 1:50 pm Talent, Unified — How BASF Connects Talent Management, Talent Acquisition and Business Leader Sponsorship to Fuel its High Potential PipelineLuciana Amaro - Vice President, Talent Development and Strategy BASF
Heidi Gerhard - Head of Talent Acquisition BASF
At many companies, hiring/recruiting and talent development remain separate silos with distinct functions. At BASF, they embarked upon a successful business strategy that combines the two functions, in collaboration with Senior Leaders, to fuel its executive talent pipeline. In this unique session, the company’s heads of both talent acquisition and talent development discuss their pioneering blueprint to high-potential development. For the past decade, BASF’s talent strategy frontloads the recruitment process by bringing talent development techniques to bear on talent acquisition practices. External candidates are assessed for their ability to be fast-tracked into executive positions while internal candidates are robustly developed to meet workforce planning needs. TA and TM leaders meet regularly with the Business Executives to facilitate cross-department discussions about the high-potential pool, giving the company a competitive edge in both nurturing and attracting top talent. Learn how to:
- Create a Talent Infrastructure that is championed by business leadership, with collaboration and trust to deliver impact for the organization
- Cultivate a “one Talent team” mindset with shared accountability across HR and Senior Executives
- How to factor internal mobility strategy and talent development needs when contemplating external hires
- Build a high potential pipeline focused on breadth of expertise and delivering business impact
Luciana AmaroVice President, Talent Development and Strategy
Heidi GerhardHead of Talent Acquisition
1:55 pm - 2:30 pm Gig Hiring and The Changing Landscape of Talent Management and AcquisitionKalani Ching - Head of Business Operations (former Director of Freelance Nation) Intel
Gig hiring is poised to reinvent the corporate landscape, with as much as half of the workforce holding at least a part-time gig by 2020. So where does that leave talent management and its traditional model of developing full-time, in-office employees? Structured properly, gig wok can benefit both employee and employer. Gig employees can grow their skillsets and quickly get exposed to multiple types of work environments. Smart-thinking employers can actually forge their own internal gig hiring platforms and achieve the ability to hire experts on-demand and quickly scale the size of their workforce to meet new demands or slowdowns. But this balancing act will pose a problem to existing models of performance management and employee engagement. In this session, learn how to:
- Build and retain corporate culture when a large portion of your workforce are not traditional employees.
- Emphasize long-term company needs to employees who are working on a contingent basis.
- Best practices for using digital platforms for collaborating with external talent.
- Understand the career paths of high-skilled workers, many with niche specialties, who serially join teams, rather than continue in a permanent job.
Kalani ChingHead of Business Operations (former Director of Freelance Nation)
2:35 pm - 3:05 pm Business Meetings
3:10 pm - 3:40 pm Business Meetings
3:45 pm - 4:15 pm Business Meetings
4:15 pm - 4:30 pm Networking Break
4:30 pm - 5:00 pm Plenary Session (Reserved for Handshake)
5:00 pm - 5:30 pm Diversity as a Business Imperative — Why Inclusion is a Strong StrategyMayerland Harris - Group VP of HR H-E-B
According to several studies, companies that commit themselves to both a diverse frontline staff and an inclusive leadership are more likely to be successful companies.
Businesses that are run with either more women on the board or are overseen by more culturally diverse teams are more likely to outperform the competition or innovate through the creation of new products. But diversity can also run much deeper. In the near future, a diverse frontline workforce and managerial staff will be crucial to companies as consumers expect to encounter a staff that reflects their own diverse demographic.
However, there is no clear-cut path to achieving a high D&I leadership or to forging bonds among co-workers of different backgrounds, political views and job titles. Developing a diverse workforce comes from developing people’s talent at all levels, from hourly staff and frontline supervisors to the executive staff and the corporate boardroom. In this session, we will look honestly at the steps it takes to create a workplace where employees can look around and see people who look like themselves, which gives support that they will be listened to when discussing new initiatives, workflows or cost-saving procedures. Discover:
· A new perspective on diversity in the workplace and among executive leadership
· Practical steps to start boosting diversity and inclusion
· Immediate actions you can begin implementing in your talent management strategy
Mayerland HarrisGroup VP of HR
Masterclass C5:35 pm - 6:20 pm Reinventing Succession Planning and Career Pathing for the Low Unemployment Era
All too often, “Where do you see yourself in five years?” is a question only asked and answered by talent during a hiring interview. At the best-performing organizations, that question is part of an ongoing career pathing conversation that takes place in platforms ranging from college recruiting to employee performance reviews to conversations with “boomerang hires” returning to the company after a break. Strategic succession planning draws on all these talent pools to fill your talent pipeline, even in a time of unprecedented competitive hiring. It’s built around drawing top talent into your organization in the earlier phases of their career and keeping them there by supporting their development into the multifaceted leaders your company needs. Learn how to:
- Conduct smart audits of your existing talent pool
- Carry out internal hiring plans that reflect your succession planning
- Engage existing employees in career pathing conversations and uncover hidden talents
Brainweave C5:35 pm - 6:20 pm Words Matter — The New Science of Job Postings and Role Descriptions to Attract Top Talent
How you describe your job openings plays a crucial role in what candidates you attract — and which ones you repel.
Thanks to years of studies and new advances in machine learning, we now have insights into what type of descriptive language motivate good candidates to apply. For instance, while 72 percent of hiring managers claim to provide clear job descriptions, only 36 percent of candidates say the same. These advertisements’ wording also plays a huge role in deciding who will apply for the post, which matters greatly as more companies place a premium on diverse recruiting. The best job descriptions move beyond a bucket list of skills requirements to show how the role is crucial to the company and makes an impact in its business strategy. Learn more about:
- How to paint a vivid picture of daily job duties, challenges and what role success looks like
- Striking a tone balanced between professional and casual, like the candidates you plan to attract
- Threading descriptions of company culture into your postings and jobs descriptions
6:25 pm - 7:10 pm Happy Hour Interactive Roundtables — Talent Challenges of the Modern Workforce
TALENT CHALLENGES OF THE MODERN WORKFORCE
Join the appropriate roundtable during these interactive sessions
1.Interview Techniques That Allow You to Assess Talent Effectively
2.Talent Development For The Frontline/Deskless Worker
3.Holding Effective Performance One-on-Ones and Check-Ins
4.Engaging Candidates From Generation Z — Text, Video and Social Media